What is DataRes?
DataRes is UCLA's first and largest student organization dedicated to fostering knowledge and growth in data science. We provide a platform for aspiring data scientists and analysts to collaborate on impactful data projects. If you love playing with data, creating powerful visualizations, or building predictive models, you have a home at DataRes.
Spring 2023 Application Timeline:
- Apps released: Mar 23, 2023
- Apps due: Mar 30, 2023 @ 11:59 pm PT for returners, and Apr 7, 2023 @ 11:59 PM PT for new applicants.
- Decisions Released: Week 2 (April 10-14th)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is DataRes?
At DataRes, we solve problems and craft stories with data. We provide a platform for aspiring data scientists, analysts, and machine learning enthusiasts to collaborate on impactful projects. If you love playing with data, creating powerful visualizations, or building predictive models, you have a home at DataRes.
What teams does DataRes have?
- DataLearn Team - This team is dedicated to teaching data science principles to a wider campus community at UCLA via a weekly educational series.
- Data Blog Team - This team works on analytics-based projects, occasionally delving into simple machine learning algorithms, publishing their work as data-centric blog articles.
- Research Team - This team specializes in taking the most up-to-date deep learning pipelines/technologies and applying them to areas of their interest. These ML areas include but are not limited to NLP, Computer Vision, GNNs, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- Consulting Team - This team offers consulting services to companies with a need for data science talent. One of our major companies is UCLA Athletics.
How many active members does DataRes have?
During Winter Quarter 2023, we had over 100 active members across all teams.
Where have past DataRes members worked as interns/full-time?
Our members have gone on to work as data scientists, machine learning engineers, and software engineers at top tech companies like Google, Apple, Salesforce, Atlassian, Amazon, Adobe, Microsoft, Tesla, eBay, NASA, Meta, GenenTech, etc.
How many teams can I apply to?
You may only submit one application and choose one team to apply to. Applying more than once will disqualify your application.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at: email@example.com